Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The John Edward's Affair

I really don't care about people's sex live, but John Edwards did not just have an affair. If he had just had an affair, that would have been his business and the business of his wife and family. But John Edwards decided to run for the Democratic nomination for President and that is a different story. John Edwards (and I caucused for him in Iowa) put the Democratic party in jeopardy by seeking the nomination knowing it would be likely his affair would become public and could and probably would cost him the election in the fall. This colossal lack of judgment could have meant a shoe-in for McCain in the fall and led to at least 4 more years of the nightmare that has become the U.S. government and its frightening mistakes. I met both John Edwards and his wife in Iowa and respected them both. Elizabeth Edwards was my hero. I loved her down to earth personality and her commitment to justice. But she also knew of his affair and encouraged him to run - major error in the judgment department. Their decision to run is inexcusable given the stakes.

1 comment:

Tj for Obama said...

I can't believe the media thinks we care about John Edward's affair. Exspecially since he is no longer running for anything. it's between him and his wife, far as I'm concerned.

Hi Kartika, I just stumbled upon your blog and I noticed that you are a Obama supporter too. Please stop by my blog... I am giving away free Obama stickers. Thanks