Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Maharishi


I was 20 years old and majoring in recreational chemicals at the University of Iowa; I was sad, disappointed by love and the fact that pot failed to deliver. I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day and could not stop lighting one off the other. I was already burned out and ripe for a non-addictive high. I started TM and regularly practiced for 30 years. I stopped drinking, taking drugs, and eating red meat. What did I learn from Maharishi? I learned about a different paradigm called consciousness, and that it is possible for human beings to experience a bit of peace by stopping.

1 comment:

wedgwood forever said...

Maharishi gave me the greatest blessing of my life. A simple meditation technique, so easy to do that it was even possible to meditate on the London underground with very good results. Maharishi has helped millions of people in the world to tap into their own deep well of pure consciousness and to find peace, good health and happiness. And on a global scale the work he has done to bring heaven on earth to the planet is unparalleled. We were very blessed to have him on the earth. He will be sadly missed but his work will live on and he lives on in our hearts.